Monday, April 19, 2010

Slow Cooker Pork Loin Switch up

So, that pork was definitely a huge hit with my husband. He ranted and raved about it. I'm impressed, cause he doesn't usually rant like that. This was definitely some serial ranting. I, also, loved the pork, and I'm not a huge fan of pork.. never have been. SO, seeing as I had a lot of leftover pork and some sauce I decided to have leftovers the following night. I'm not actually a fan of leftovers, I try to use them, but I have such a hard time eating reheated food the next night. SO, instead I made a new meal.

I whipped up another batch of the sauce for the pork on the stove - SO easy, I just made sure it came to a boil for a bit so it didn't taste like nothing but red wine... it was just like the sauce from the slow cooker.

THEN, I put some rice in my rice cooker and heated up some Tortilla shells.

Got my friend, who was staying for supper, to shred the leftover pork with two forks, reheated it in the microwave (I find adding a couple tablespoons of water and covering with a lid will keep what I'm reheating in the microwave from drying out)

Viola! Dinner is served!

Take a Tortilla, heat (I use the microwave for fifteen seconds), top with rice, pork and sauce. Wrap and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment