Sunday, April 11, 2010

Slow Cooker Pork Loin

Well, I don't know how this tastes yet, but it SMELLS amazing! And it was super easy... I'll post a picture once its out of the crockpot... (*Note: I forgot to take a picture before we demolished it... what can I say? Hubby got home at midnight.. life of a truck driver's wife!)

INGREDIENTS:

1 Pork Loin
1 Packet Lipton's Onion Soup Mix (I'm sure namebrand doesn't matter, that's just what I have)
1 Cup Water
3/4 Cup Red Wine
3 Tbsp. Minced Garlic
Seasoning Salt
Garlic Powder
Black Pepper

METHOD:

All I did was grab a pork loin outta the freezer.. (I buy the super big one at Costco, then my sister and I cut it into six meal size portions - enough to feed our separate family of 3 - then freeze them for a later date) So I'd say this is about a 2 - 2.5 lb pork loin.

I sprinkled the loin with seasoning salt and garlic powder, then transferred it to the slow cooker. Next I poured a packet of Lipton's Onion Soup Mix over top and all around. Then poured over 1 cup of water, 3/4 cup of red wine (I'm sure this could be replaced with water or stock if you prefer) and 3 Tbsp. of Soy Sauce. Next I added 3 Tbsp. of minced garlic (I cheat, I buy a huge container of already minced garlic at Costco, I love it.. saves me so much time and hassle, and with a Toddler running around, time is scarce!) then I sprinkled on some black pepper and added some freshly cracked black pepper on top. Covered it with a lid, turned it on high and cooked it for 5 hours. ... like I said, when I take it out, I'll take a picture, but it smells delish!


You can serve this with whatever sides you want, I'm serving mine with some roasted potatoes, and steamed veggies cause that's what I have on hand.

Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment